I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cows

Last week at some point my daughter was eating some roast beef and walked away from her plate only to have the cat steal a big chunk off her plate.

My son asked if it was something that would make Jack sick and I offhandedly replied that I don't think cats are meant to eat cows.

He replied in horror, "what? roast beef is cow?" 

I stopped and stared at him, the boy who until recently ate steak on a regular basis. 

"Noah, what do you think steak is?"

"I thought it was chicken or fish.  Why do people eat cows, Mom?  I thought people almost never ate cows.  Why would people do that?  They give us milk!  It's so mean!"

What am I going to do with this kid?  I mentioned that he might like to live in India.

1 comment:

Ann Pai said...

I feel for the kid the day he makes the hamburger connection, then does the math on how many McDonaldses exist in the world.