I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Massacre in my kitchen - but still not as bad as various scenes in Black Swan

I asked my kids this weekend what the menu of the week might look like if they were to choose dinner every night.

To my surprise, my daughter requested a roast chicken for dinner on Monday night.  Since my son is now a vegetarian I am even less inclined than before to make such things but I said yes because I felt it was a reasonable request. 

I didn't get home until almost 6 though so I had to cut the chicken in half and it still took over an hour to cook at 400 degrees.  

I can barely look at this picture.  Handling that poor dead chicken made me feel like a barbarian and as I dutifully washed, severed and seasoned it I told myself that this is just what people do.  

Of course it was a delicious dinner but I think I'm seeing my son's point of view more and more.

No comments: