I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Latke Muffins

By now you get the idea that either I only know how to cook a few things or my kids will only eat a few things, both or that I just love potatoes or... you fill in the blank.

I'm quite happy with this experiment.  I couldn't face frying up latkes one night last week so I made the batter as usual - I threw a potato and some onion in my cuisinart and added some flour and eggs to the mixture. 

But then I took a muffin pan, put a little oil in the bottom of each space and poured some batter in.  I baked the "muffins" in the oven at 450 degrees until they looked really brown on top.

They were not as crunchy as my latkes but the kids wolfed down every single one - Noah with truffle salt - her without.
I know it has been a long time since I have written on here and there have been so many pictures and things I've wanted to write about but I can barely look at a computer lately (outside of my computer-type obligations) so that's my excuse.





But I went to a dessert party the weekend before last and that was something else!  It was more decadent than any other kind of party I have ever been to - I think that is saying a lot!  But then again you know how I feel about dessert.



I also had the best chili in my life at Ann Pai's house and she gave me the recipe - which I would never dare even attempt.


And then of course there was the Superbowl.  Which is, if you haven't heard a fun excuse to eat lots of yummy food and watch commercials!


I do miss writing all the wacky things I'm thinking about that have nothing to do with food - but I'm keeping it PG for the moment.



1 comment:

penni said...

this is a great idea for reducing the cholesterol in this delicious dish. Thanks Amy