I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Durian Fruit

The Durian fruit is mostly interesting.  It reminds me of the island in Life of Pi that was paradise until the foliage became man-eating at night.  

How anyone ever figured out to open the thing, get past it's smell and then eat it is far beyond my comprehension.

But to say it smells like something vomit-inducing goes too far.  And the taste grows on you quickly.  My biggest problem with the fruit is its texture.  But I keep thinking it would make a great frozen drink like a virgin pina colada.

No comments: