I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oklahoma Joe's

I have clearly passed over to some level of deep observance.  That probably seems laughable to those who are much more observant than I am.  But I went to OK Joe's yesterday - my favorite bbq place in the city where I normally order this:
That is the Z man.  It's beef brisket smothered in provolone, bbq sauce and topped with an onion ring.  Instead, I bought some fresh salmon from Hen House and cooked in OK Joe's sauce - which I'm guessing isn't kosher.  

Anyway, if ever there was temptation that was overcome, that was it.

I think the wagyu beef tartare at bluestem is what may get me eventually.  But I continue to pray.

No comments: