I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Pesach

No more plagues please.  After last night's hail storm I'm not making any more jokes about the frogs, lice and boils...

I'm getting ready for Passover - which happens in 2 weeks - and I have been doing some very serious spring cleaning.  I think I'll use my projector this year during the seder to get really interactive.  I'm not sure though.   What would I project up there?  Would it be too distracting?  Can I really get a powerpoint ready that includes the entire Hagaddah?  That would be so cool.

The main thing is it's time to figure out the menu.  And it may be time to go Kosher.  I've been thinking about this for two years at least and I have gone back and forth about it.  I feel like it's time.

How will I do it?  Howwill I take on the restrictions of Kashrut?

Something happened to me this weekend.  Or rather, nothing happened to me.  I just seem to have come to understand something that I sincerely do not expect any one else to understand.

G-d help me.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Grilled leg of lamb. Chickpea salad with lemon and herbs. Arugula with sliced kalamata olives in garlic vinaigrette. Roasted new potatoes. Sound good?