I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Chocolate Hazelnut Diamonds

You know I don't follow recipes and this time was no real exception but I have to give credit to the source of inspiration: http://lacucinaitalianamagazine.com/recipe/chocolate-hazelnut-diamonds.
I'm the anti-dessert person without a doubt but I had to try this recipe because it looked so easy and  I can't explain how thrilled I am that I went for it because now I know how to make the absolutely most delicious chocolate croissants!

The recipe calls for putting chocolate inside of carefully cut diamonds of puff pastry.  I may be missing something, but there is no reason on earth to cut these things into diamond shapes.  Cut them into rectangles and don't waste any of your dough.

Are you with me so far?  Buy some puff pastry dough, lay the two sheets out and cut them into 10 rectangles per sheet.

Put nutella on each rectangle and put a rectangle on top of it.  Pinch up the edges and throw them into a 400 degree oven until they look done.

Take them out and eat dipped in whipped cream.  The recipe called for egg wash and powdered sugar.  Someone please tell me why anyone on earth likes powdered sugar?  Whenever I try to eat something with powder on it I start choking.  Am I the only one?

I prefer to dip anything dessertish into whipped cream.  This was so good and so fast and easy to make that I threw it together after dinner and even had the kids help me make it.

I told Noah: come help me make dessert.  

He said: no, I don't want to help you.

I said: you have to.

He said: listen, I have my own life and I want to do what I want to do and this is not it.

I said: when you are a grow-up you can do what you want but for now you are my slave.  Come help me.

So he pinched the diamonds shut and said: hey this smells good.  

He loved this dessert!

Which brings me to my main point - these are chocolate croissants!  Delicious!

No comments: