I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, May 23, 2011

The More You Give The More You Love

This is not about food.  Ha, who am I kidding?  This is at the heart of why I love food and feeding people. How better to show your love than to feed a person?  Prepare something for them, give of yourself and make yourself literally a part of the other person with the nourishment you are providing them.

I recently heard a Rabbi's wife explain that our babies are born helpless and are dependent on us for so many years in order that in the course of doing everything for them we will therefore grow to love them.

Do you understand this?  The more you give to someone and the more you do for them, the more you love them.

The more you invest yourself in another person, the more you love them.

Give more = love more.

No comments: