I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Drink and Eat

This past weekend I enjoyed many of my Kansas City favorites including La Bodega, Lidia's, Tassos, Yia Yia's and Trezo Vino.  Didn't hit Bluestem, North or Ra but did hit Christopher Elbow chocolates and Glace.  What a happy weekend!

That is called being spoiled rotten.  Big smile.

The most amazing post that's been sitting on the back burner is about Tequila.  A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a little Mexican place out in the middle of absolutely nowhere and upon walking into the place my jaw dropped to the floor.

I've never seen so many different types of tequila - even in Mexico.   I stared at the bar and all thoughts of being hungry and eating food left me as I had an out-of-body experience.  My limit is 4 shots.  There is no way around that one.  So which 4 to try?

And do I really want to do 4 shots of tequila?  No, certainly not.  So which 3?

The food was great, the tequila tasting was amazing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And where was this little treasure found? I would love to try it also.

Mel KC said...

Me too! What's the magical place, and did you eat anything?