I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fresh Mozzarella


A few weeks ago, loyal fans, you will be happy to hear that I not only attempted fresh mozzarella again but I made something soft and delicious.


The secret seems to be not letting the curds get too firm.  See below.  


Then I microwaved the ball of curds, letting the whey run off until the ball of cheese started to stretch and although I did stretch it I didn't stretch it too much.

It tasted perfect and was the perfect texture when I plunged my ball of fresh mozzarella into ice-cold salt water but soon enough it was a bit ruined.

Once I stored it in plastic wrap it became sticky.  So, my question is - how do I develop the proper skin so that I can store it and how do I store it properly?  I realize the proper answer is to make it at a dinner party and eat every bite of it immediately...

No comments: