I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Holla!!

Last night I could have gone to sleep at 8 but instead Gevura and I made challah, talked about Israel and discussed the book of Genesis.  

I loved the joy on my son's face when he came down this morning and excitedly noted that I had made challah.  He said, "challah!!" and I responded, "holla!!" But I guess you have to know what kind of music we listen to all the time to get why that is funny.
I am simply overwhelmed with emotion this Shabbat contemplating where I will be next Shabbat.  Last time I was there I was as ignorant as a person can be regarding my religion and yet I knew I was in a holy place.

This time I know what to say at the kotel and I know how to bow my head low.



No comments: