I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

You are what you eat

Yeah, I know I haven't been good about blogging lately.  But I am about to make up for it.  Coming soon will be almost daily blogging with exciting pictures and stories that you won't believe!

I expect this to rival anything I have done before.  And, I will tie in my love of religion with my love of food this time so it will be especially satisfying for me.

I still have a few days until that starts so today I will discuss destiny.  What is it really?  Here are two competing ideas.

1. We have free will
2. Everything happens as it was set to happen

I actually believe in both of these completely.  I don't know how to explain that any other way than to say that number 2 trumps number 1 but that we can shift number two with number 1.  The 12 year-old boy in me is giggling right now because I keep talking about number 1 and number 2.

What brings these things to mind is that recently I was given a gift from the universe.  I can't see it any other way.  People can't hope for things like this or expect them.   Recently I was grabbed by the shoulders and shaken and slapped across the face by some invisible power that turned me inside out and said, "Look!" and now everything has changed.  So that is number 2.  But it's my turn now to either nod my head and integrate what I have been shown or ignore it.  So you see that number 1 matters just as much.

The roundabout point I'm trying to make is that for the next couple of weeks I am going to try hard to be very conscious about what I eat and I will share the outcome with you.  It should be delightful!

1 comment:

NellieGirl said...

Good luck to you! I'm not a very religious person but I do believe that some things happen for a reason, but also that you choose your own path. Like you I struggle to explain the reasoning behind my opinion but I get what you're saying!