I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Freshness



Some countries eat right.  Israel is certainly one of them.  Let's say you pretty much live in the desert so you need lots of water and nothing that requires too much refrigeration.  You could eat dirt, I guess.
 
In Israel there are endless salads.  Mostly you find cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, beans and cheeses that don't need to be refrigerated so much.

I loved eating breakfast in Israel because of all the beautiful, healthy options.  It was only my very last day there that I sought out a bowl of cornflakes and ate it out of homesickness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what about doughnuts ?