I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Free Will

I am reading Letters to a Buddhist Jew and I keep rolling one concept around in my mind, savoring it. The idea, put simply is that G-d runs the show 100% and that our free will is given to us so we will use it to choose stillness and faith. 'He who makes himself as if he is not, through him the world exists...' This is so Taoist I am beyond delighted. So for food. Tonight I made my latkes as requested by my princess who said they were special because ... I always make them special. My prince has requested gnocchi for tomorrow night so our all potato and flour diet continues. I think we'll try a new vegetable tomorrow! Or maybe brussel sprouts. Yum!

No comments: