I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sea of Galilee

The first night I spent in Israel this summer was in Tiberius.  We ate at Decks, an open-air restaurant on a dock where you can arrive by boat if you'd like.  The food was amazing, typical Israeli fare.  I don't know how many courses they brought us but there was too much of everything and we left stuffed with 5 different kinds of grilled meats after dancing and singing together.
 

My Israel trip had a soundtrack.  There were songs that played in my head as I traveled there and while I moved across the holy land.  Diddy's, "I'm Coming Home" will always make me think about going to Israel.  As will Wycleaf Jean's,  "Fast Car."

This alone is proof that I don't listen carefully to the lyrics of the songs I like.

No comments: