I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Abraham

This week's parsha is about how Abraham emulates G-d.  I love it, I really do.  Abraham is this amazing guy and he is beloved by everyone, most especially G-d but how did Abraham come to be?

G-d's first child, Adam couldn't have screwed up more by hiding when there was no possible way he could have convinced himself that G-d didn't know where he was and generations on and on continued to not know G-d. 

This week's parsha says that Abraham knew G-d was one with him at all times without a doubt and like G-d, he loved to give.  I'm just curious how someone like that came to be?  But I guess you could ask the same thing about Jesus. 

I suppose someone has an answer for that.  Tell me.

No comments: