I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Brown Habits of My Weekly Cooking

There is nothing more attractive in a man than his love for his mother.  And when a guy talks about his Mom's cooking I just melt.  So don't worry ladies, I have set Noah's standards really low for you!

Well, that's not really true, but I will teach you how to make matzah ball soup and gnocchi and you'll be fine.

Both of my kids love to eat latkes.  I don't know how other people get away with only making them on Chanukah and maybe Pesach but I make them just about every other week.  And apparently my latkes are THE BEST IN THE WORLD. 

The only thing I really have to say about my matzah ball soup is that I know how to make perfect matzah balls.   Jews ask each other, do you like sinkers or floaters meaning the hard matzah balls that are dense or the big giant fluffy ones.  I don't get it.  Make the matzah balls right and they are the perfect size and consistency. 
 
I know it sounds like I'm bragging.  I'm really not.  It's actually embarrassing when my son won't eat matzah ball soup out.  It's probably also because I make parve soup and my Noah is not down with eating meat.




No comments: