I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shiitake Mushroom Pizza

Staple foods in my house include...

1. Packets of pizza dough like this: 

2. Jars of spaghetti sauce like this:
3. Cheese

4. Olive Oil

5. Dried shiitake mushrooms

And in this way I can always feed people something hot and delicious within a half hour.

I heat my oven to 550, mix up the dough which needs to sit for about 5 minutes.  I roll it out and brush it with olive oil then bake it for a few minutes on my pizza stone.  Then I pull it out, top it and throw it back in for about 6 minutes.

The shiitakes reconstitute quickly in hot water while you are getting everything else ready.

This was my latest creation:

Last night my son was in quite an entrepreneurial mood.  He was telling me how much he wants to have a book store, or sell something and at the very least own a company.


I spoke to him about it for a while, explaining that there are a lot of legalities to consider.  His entire goal is to make enough money and "have a career" so that he doesn't have to go to school as soon as that is allowed legally, which I think is 16.  And this is a kid who excels at school.  This is a kid who I'm pretty sure is going to be a Lawyer.














No comments: