I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

One of my bad habits that I have been trying to get rid of is thinking that my life will follow in the path of one of my elders.  My Mom, my Grandma, my Auntie.  It's like I can't just have my own life.  So, when I was younger, tales of my parents getting engaged on New Year's Eve led me to believe that this should happen to me as well. 

As far as I know, this is not going to happen to me.  But I was raised with a love of the holiday.  I always thought of New Year's Eve as a time to dress up as fancy as possible, go out with lots of other people dressed up fancy, drink a lot, eat a lot and be sure that balloons or confetti are dropped on your head at midnight where you stand kissing someone.

This year I decided to do something different.  I decided to go to bed early.  I also ate this.
In this bowl there is pistachio almond ice cream, caramel, sunflower butter, bananas, brownie and whipped cream.  I should have added salt, but it was pretty good.

I don't mind that I went to bed early because that's just my style, but next NYE I'm going to dress up fancy, go out and celebrate!

No comments: