I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Handcrafted Sunflower Seeds

I do not like handcrafted porcelain sunflower seeds.  Only G-d gets to make sunflower seeds.

http://laughingsquid.com/porcelain-sunflower-seed-installation-by-ai-weiwei-at-tate-modern/

There is something annoying about sunflower seeds, don't you think?  They are a lot of trouble to get open for a tiny little nut.  But sunflower seeds are so delicious.  I even prefer sunflower butter to peanut butter. 

In any case, I don't like that someone made a million of these.

Also, lately I've been thinking about wind.  I don't know why but lately I've just been thinking, what if there wasn't any wind?  I know it's silly, but sometimes there isn't much wind and you don't feel it or notice it and it's not part of your life and then there is wind and you think, wow!  There it is! That's something!  

What if there was never, ever any wind?  I guess the question I'm really trying to ask is, think of adding something to your daily perception of reality that isn't there right now.  For example,  can you imagine the sky ashing?  No, you can't unless you have been somewhere with an active volcano overhead in which case you can. 

What else? 

My kids were talking to me about ghosts the other day and whether they are real.  To them, ghosts, like everything else could only be made by G-d and so G-d wouldn't make ghosts unless they were something good.  Like someone really good could be made into a ghost but I tried to explain to them that it might be different. 

Like in Super Paper Mario where there is the 2D world and you can see some stuff and then you go into the 3D world and you can see other stuff and that's just the way it is.  Don't you think ghosts are like that?  We just can't perceive them but they are all around us.  Angels too, right?

My kids weren't having any of that. 

No comments: