I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Why Do Asian People Still Use Chopsticks?

This is what my Mom wants to know. She thinks that since everyone knows about western silverware it is mysterious that people still use chopsticks.

She said everyone uses cars and microwaves so why still chopsticks. She says forks are just easier. This should tell you a lot about my Mom.

I said, "Mom, this is like saying why doesn't everyone just speak English because it's easier."

She laughed and continued to argue that chopsticks are inferior eating utensils.

Can someone please help me!

1 comment:

Personalized chopsticks said...

The move of hands when you use chopsticks looks more beautiful than when you use other food utensils. More time people learn to use something, more skillfulness they get. As a result, more artful people become, more regards they get. Therefore, they choose to use something which can show their elegance. That is chopsticks.