I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pizza

Last week I made the family "sauce" and it was very well received.  I think this was the first time I made it for real and it tasted fantastic.  

The next day I made pizza with it.  Not kosher...  I've never seen my pizza disappear so fast.
Love to see my girl stuffing her face with the food I cook.

I cooked a lot last week.  I made Penni's chicken and Grandma's sauce and I made a roast chicken with my challah and latkes for Shabbos.

Today the man is cooking.  The smoker is going all day and we will be eating beef ribs for dinner.  Yum!

I planted a blueberry bush and strawberries, chives, cilantro, tomatoes, spearmint and peppermint.

I keep thinking about getting a couple of chickens.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the cleaning up after them.  I don't know how gross and hard that is.  I want the chickens for fresh eggs and for fresh chicken.  I'm sure I'll do it at some point.

This week I'm going to make yaki soba and sesame salmon.  It's nice to be cooking again!

No comments: