I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Story

I flew all the way from San Francisco to Kansas so I could eat at Oklahoma Joe's bbq and go to Story for dinner.

Neither disappointed at all.

At Story I convinced my dining companions to order a lot of small plates but I ripped into two or three of them before I remembered to take pictures so this is just a sampling of what we had.

My husband's favorite was the lobster risotto which I didn't get a picture of.  

Just below is the tuna.  I love the food at Story and the fresher and rawer the easier it is to tell how amazing the chef really is.
Wonderful tomatoes with little fried cheese balls.  
Lamb...
Duck empanadas  that I always order.
Fois gras that we only ordered because it's illegal in California.  It was fantastic and decadent.
If you are a foodie at all and live in Kansas City and you have not been to Story you are committing a crime.

It's exactly like being in Nazi Germany and not speaking up against what was going on around you.  It's that serious.  You need to go eat at Story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I confess... I am a criminal and must go before suffering any more ridicule.. and I will order some illegal fois gras. Legal cuisine is for wimps.