I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Gerard's

A friend warned me that the food in Maui is nothing special and I am grateful for that because vacation to me is really in large part about food and if the food is not special, not spectacular then I don't tend to feel I had a good vacation.

This French place is really pretty good.  It's not spectacular but it works for top notch service and a long meal in a lovely setting.
I love an amuse bouche like this:

Mushroom tart....
We have to stop being fois gras obsessed.  It's too disgusting.
Delicious cold cucumber soup with tomato sorbet.  Amazing!
Fish dumpling which I thought would be different and did not like.
Best thing we had - fresh pasta with good cheese.  I skipped the shrimp.
French onion soup should take 35 minutes in the oven.  So good.
Profiteroles - reminds of Camilla Cohn every time.
This is the one place I'm willing to go and not care about food.  I want to be in the ocean every moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still obsessed with fois gras so can I have yours ? And it is disgusting .. can I have another order please ? :)