I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Misery


It's been awhile so here are some lyrics that I like - all messed up and out of context - just like I feel.

I still wake up, I still see your ghost

Oh, Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for 
Most nights I don't know anymore.

So this is it. I sold my soul for this?
Washed my hands of that for this?
I miss my mom and dad for this?

No. When I see stars, I see stars, that's all they are.

Man, you wouldn't believe the most amazing things that can come from some terrible nights.



He'll  lie and steal and cheat, and beg you from his knees
Make you thinks he means it this time
He'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
But I still love him, I don't really care

It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all
The opposite of love's indifference
Pay attention now, I'm standing on your porch screaming out
And I wont leave until you come downstairs

I don't blame ya dear for running like you did, all these years
I would do the same, you best believe
The highway signs say we're close, but I don't read those things anymore
I never trusted my own eyes


No comments: