I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Foggy

Last night I was having many, many contractions so finally we decided to go to the hospital because we wanted to be sure we were not in a mad rush to get there.  The contractions kept coming about every 5 minutes for a few hours.

It's too early still for this guy to be born.  Two more weeks and it would be just fine but they didn't like me having all those contractions  just yet.  They gave me Nifedipine to stop them but it didn't actually work.  Even so by 1 a.m. they decided that the contractions were not doing anything even if they were happening regularly so they gave me a shot of morphine and sent me home.

I woke up late this afternoon.  I remember us checking on taking this morphine because after all, would I even notice if labor got seriously underway?  She said it would only last 4 hours and then I would be groggy but labor would not stop and it would be felt.

15 hours later I woke up and 19 hours later I'm still very groggy.  No labor though and that's good.  I'd like to make it to at least 36 weeks if not 37 or 38.

We shall see.

They said don't worry about coming back to the hospital until my contractions are painful.  I hope my little guy is ok.

1 comment:

Honey badger baby said...

Many good thoughts coming your way