I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beef Pot Pie

My Mom brought a huge prime rib roast from Harris Ranch and made it for us the other night.  I'm not a big meat lady but they do have the best meat there.  It was great but we had leftovers so tonight I made beef pot pie with it.

I have never wanted to eat beef pot pie so I've never tried to make it before. It actually turned out really delicious.

I made a roux with 4 tablespoons of butter and 4 tablespoons of flour plus I can of broth and some gravy.

I sautéed half a yellow onion in oil with chopped carrots and when they were done I added frozen peas and cut up potatoes and cut up beef pieces.

I mixed the roux in with the veggies and meat and poured all that into a Pillsbury pie crust in a pie pan and baked at 400 for about 25 minutes.

The gravy added a lot of the flavor and I added salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste plus a splash of Cabernet to the veggies.

It really was so good!

Also, all of the cheeses in the picture below? Not all the cheese in my house. I mean, there are at least 5 more cheeses in the cheese drawer.  What? How did it happen? Don't know - love cheese....



1 comment:

Ric Moxley said...

I get the cheese thing. While we clearly have different tastes in cheese, I have nearly the same number of varieties. :-)