I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Lucy Cake

Remember when I made a Snoopy cake in February?

This June I was asked to make a Lucy cake and luckily I got away with drawing the beloved Peanuts character on a cookie cake.

I wonder what Jacob's childhood will be like since his I have already been through all the stages of raising little kids and my only goals for Jacob's time being small include traveling all over the world.



6 weeks ago today I gave birth to my new little buddy.  He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and today he weighs over 12 lbs.  That really makes me happy.  Otherwise, I am beyond tired.  Beyond exhausted and yet you know what I realized?  Caring for a newborn is heaven compared to how horrible it is being pregnant.  6 weeks of getting no more than 2 to 3 hours of sleep at a time is a cake walk compared to having a baby stuffed inside you.  

I'd like to write more often - has it been a month since my last post?  I will try.


No comments: