I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy New Year

Next week is the Jewish New Year.  It is a very holy time of year because you hold yourself accountable and decide to make changes and become a better person.  You ask for forgiveness, give forgiveness and work to draw closer to G-d.  It's the time of year when you can hit the reset button and start fresh.

You are supposed to reflect on your life at this moment in time.  What can you do to improve?  What will you vow to do to make real changes?

For some reason, I don't want to go to services.  That's how far removed I have become from where I belong.  I can't muster the will to go and be with my people.

At least I will do this.  http://kosheronabudget.com/how-to-braid-a-round-challah-for-rosh-hashana/


This is Yaakov Rafael's first Rosh Hashanah.  He will have his first taste of honey.  If I don't find a shul and start going until I feel comfortable there, how can I hope to teach him who he is?

I miss my family very much this Rosh Hashanah season.

No comments: