I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Quinoa Mac N Cheese


I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It's fantastic.  I added truffle oil to mine and Marshal added salsa to his.  

We really love french onion soup so we decided to try to figure out how to make it and have it as our family recipe that we make for special occasions.

The way I cook new things is almost always like this.  I look up many recipes and decide what the key factors are that sound like they would make something good and then make up my own recipe.

This may be part of my personality as I tend towards being a contrarian.  I don't like to follow rules exactly although I do like to eat good food so there are some recipes that I know to follow as exactly as possible.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the common denominators in French onion soup.  Obviously, onions.  But what kind?  

Beef broth?  I've seen chicken.   Red wine?  I've seen white.  

Anyway, I found an amalgam of recipes that I'm ready to try.  

I'm going for caramelizing yellow onion in butter and olive oil with a little bit of sugar,  then adding dry white wine and then beef broth.  Seasoning it and cooking it for 30 minutes then adding a little sherry and cooking it for a few more minutes before baking it in the oven with the baguette toast and gruyere.

I will let you know how it goes.

Please share if you have an amazing recipe!



No comments: