I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oven Roasted Potatoes via Microwave

This is a standard dinner under my care.  That is "party pizza" which I have been giving to children since I was a teenager, babysitting girls who are now grown and have at least one child of their own.

I love pizza and I make it a lot but the item I'm writing about tonight is in the bowl next to the pizza.

The kids have loved roasted potatoes for a long time.  They like the kind you make with a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix and some oil that take an hour in a hot oven.

But I have figured out how to make these exact "oven roasted" potatoes in the microwave without any Lipton's.

What I do is cut up a big russet baking potato (or some red potatoes as you see above) and put them in a bowl with some oil, onion powder, dried minced onions and salt.  I stir them up and put saran wrap over them; then I use the micro cook setting for potato, which is number 4 on our microwave.

That's it.  In under 10 minutes I have these yummy potatoes that the kids ask for quite often.

The baby ate rice cereal with bananas.  He is a vey good eater but afterwards since I am trying to wean him I tried to give him a bottle of formula.  He gave me the finger.

  

No comments: