I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tile Tracker

You may have heard of a new invention supposedly coming out in the spring.  http://www.thetileapp.com/.  It's a tiny white square that uses bluetooth technology and a small battery to keep track of whatever it is attached to.



I love it because it is small and works for one year.  It costs $20.  After one year you send it in to recycle it and buy a new one. 

Why can't gps work with a device this small?  That's all I want to know.  I can't rely on everyone in the world having these tiles and the app installed on their devices if I need to look for my kid.  I like the idea but this doesn't work for me.

Right now, it's about as effective as anything else that makes a noise to let you know where your keys are.

I want the thing that is small and discrete and tracks my kids wherever they go.  Maybe I just have to invent it myself. 

Maybe I just don't understand how big something tracked by gps has to be.  I'm going to find out and I'll get back to you. 

No comments: