I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!!

I recently won $100 at a baking contest.  This was one of the most exciting things I have ever experienced.

I want to be a great cook.  I'd like people to want to get invited to eat at my table. I'd like people to ask specifically for my desserts or breads.

My husband often says we should open a restaurant in our small town but I've never wanted to be a chef or have a restaurant.  

On another note, lately I've been reading a lot of books.  I love reading good books  and happily there are many out there that I haven't read.

I've been reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown which I love.  And I recently read Where'd You Go Bernadette which I really enjoyed.

I just finished a book called Perv which was very interesting and insightful most of the time.  I'm also trying to read a book called Confessions of a Sociopath but it's really disturbing so I may give up on that one.  

I like that a long time ago I decided not to finish books I don't enjoy reading.  I don't give up on books quickly; I give it time to make sure but if something is boring or disturbing I will set it aside.

I find out about the books I read from friends' recommendations and reading about new options in The Week, Time or Entertainment Weekly.

I'm going to read Dan Brown's Inferno for book club this month and I'd like to read The Interestings and The Circle soon.

Going to try to blog more.  I just get insecure about sharing my thoughts with the world.  But it's good.  It's good to write and get my thoughts out of my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check this book

http://www.amazon.com/Jerusalem-A-Cookbook-Yotam-Ottolenghi/dp/1607743949/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389128574&sr=8-1&keywords=jerusalem+cookbook

Olivier