I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Burrata

Today I woke up in a tent in Pescadero.  It was three of the kids' first time camping and they did great.  I love sleeping outside in the fresh air on the ground.

We got home to piles of laundry which I started at noon and will be finishing tonight but in the mean time I made burrata!

I haven't tasted it yet so who knows whether it's good or just looks good.  Either way, it was easy to make and I had fun.  I also did it without a couple of the ingredients I usually have to use so I'm betting it tastes better than my past forays into mozzarella making.  Less chemicals!

I so love cooking and I really want to start trying cheeses.  It's just so incredibly intimidating because it's all science and chemistry.  This is beyond baking even. 

I can't decide what cheese to start with.  I think it will be cheddar.  But how funny to make something and not know for six months if it worked.  I'll get back to you.

1 comment:

kacper@tastyquery.com said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!