I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Birthday Cakes


I wonder if everyone already knows how to make a cookie cake.  You take a tube of cookie dough, flatten it into a circle and bake it at 350 for 10 minutes.  This is probably the best birthday cake you can make for most people.  Get some good frosting, make it look pretty and you have a winner.

We also made a cake this week with an edible topper.  This doesn't require any skill but it really looks nice.  This was a very last minute kind of a thing.  We were trying to figure out what to do for Jacob's birthday cake, knowing that he would probably like a Frozen/Anna cake and I found out about these frosting toppers - they cost about $6.
We thought this was really cool.  We ordered it last minute from Amazon and it came on his birthday just in time.

You put it in the freezer for three minutes and carefully pull the back of.  Then you get one shot to put it on the frosting.  Notice how great a job I did at centering it!

The rough thing was that Jacob really didn't care at all.  He just wanted to eat that cake.

Here is the evolution of the decoration of the cookie cake.  I did great on the little flowers around the edge but I absolutely should have let Chaya write all the words.




No comments: