I am a writer and a Mommy. I am a devout Jew. These are the most important books I have read: The Tao te Ching by Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation. Spiritual Divorce by Debbie Ford. Living Inspired by Akiva Tatz. My kitchen would suggest I'm a closet carny, as would my love of Branson.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Stupidity of All White Supremacists

I try to understand perspectives that are opposite of mine or different from mine.  To do this I engage in conversations with people who are different from me and I ask lots of questions and I follow people on Twitter who are really terrifying.

But people who want a white country and preach the protection of whiteness just seem extremely stupid to me.

I've said this before: there is no such thing as white people.

Race is an imaginary idea that is used to hurt people.  

I'm not suggesting that people don't have different color skin and I know that the color of your skin is of primary and persistent impact on your life experiences.

What I'm saying is that being hateful toward others is wrong and basing it on skin color is random.

The morons who gather together saying they have skin color in common do not.

They have hate in common.  


No comments: